Thursday, March 31, 2011

FAIL

Most of you have probably been through this, I'm in the process of pulling an all nighter( if you're a vampire like John Palencar it's called an "all dayer";). Hooray! I've been eating small meals throughout the day as well as a short power nap here and there for the long haul. If I eat too much the "itis" kicks in and I'm no good. It also helps to balance out the coffee intake I have set up in an IV. The IV is nice cause I don't have to waste time actually drinking. The diaper frees up....well, I'll leave that one alone.

I don't feel too horribly stressed out because I spent most of the time painting the important areas first, the figure. I'm at a stage now where I'm painting a lot of drapery and plan to try and loosen up a bit and enjoy the process. I'll most likely take it as far as I can within the next several hours and tweak it in photoshop. It's also printing quite small so the piece should tighten up nicely.

Here's a progress shot...yeah, defitely some photoshop. When time allows I'll be sure to go back into the original painting to do a lot of tweaking.


4 comments:

Chun Lo said...

Love this one! And great lighting can't wait for the final :)

MJC *-* said...

Ohmygod. Is this the painting? It really looks like a photo. I thought this was your photo reference. Why you're in a hurry for this. are you painting all night?
Good luck to you. It looks great.
The breast are very nice.

Anonymous said...

Eric, this is amazing! This really needs tweaking?!

Alexander Dibble said...

Eric, you always seem to impress me. Amazing work.